C Dowel bar inserter are automated attachment to slip form paver that allow the power to insert transverse joint dowel bars as part of slip form paving process. Dowel bar insertion usually occurs after the vibrators but before an oscillating beam/temper bar. Dowel bars are placed on the flesh of PCC surface then pushed down to the correct elevation by a series forked rods. The rods are usually vibrated while they insert the dowel bar in orders to (1) ease insertion and (2) help move the PCC back into the space created by the insertion.
From last several years, our engineers and research team do study dowel bar insertion process and make improvement to assure our system continuous to be the most advanced and operator- friendly dowel placement method in the industry.
KIVI DBI have been designed to provide the industry standard in bar placement accuracy. The fork design also reduces the amount of scarring on insertion and vibration consolidation and closes material around the inserted bas.
Digitalization @ KIVI DBI :
- After a decade of Research & Development and Practical exposure, KIVI is today offering highly efficient PLC control & user-friendly display system. The PLC monitors & controls the timing and operation of the DBI function, transporting the trolley, positioning the DBI at standby place and activating the DBI system for timely bar insertion.
- KIVI control system provides accurate length measurement system and in-built calculator for accurate placement of Dowel bar, Center Tie bar as well as Side Tie bar during insertion procedure.
- Presetting and Adjusting Joint Spacing :
- DBI Activation is user-friendly & easy to programmed. Skilled operators is capable of programming the bar insertion for longitudinal joints and controlled through display system. KIVI provides all three modes of operations for bar insertion i.e. Manual mode, Remote mode and Encoder mode.
- Same control system operates DBI, CTBI & Side tie bar insertion simultaneously.
- KIVI also provides independent attachment which is self contained, self provide and inserts transverse joint bars in pavements up to 9 meter wide road. For which DBI powered by its own engine.
- Bar loading tray accommodates dowel bars ranging in size 32-38 mm in diameter and from 400-600 mm length and each dowel bar spacing range between 200mm to 400mm.
- KIVI dowel bar inserter designed for maximum precision and flexibility.